Saturday 21 March 2009

Kwack Kwack

I'm back at work but have a little time to tinker with the KE125. I fix the rear wheel with a spindle I had lying around,the brake had one missing lining -I find one Suzuki shoe that fits perfectly.I find an old trials tyre, and a tube in an old decrepit wheel.I only have one decent wheel adjuster though.The rear half of the frame is in red oxide. So I rotary wirebrush and paint that and the swingarm in black (noticing that before it has been gold...).The weekend comes and I free off the choke cable,fix the petrol tap and remove a broken bolt in the top yoke.The worst mudguard in the shed -off a Montesa but cut in half and sporting a Joseph of a paintjob,gets scraped down with a stanley blade and drilled to suit bike.The bent handlebar brace gets "adjusted" with a scaffolding pole.The missing footpeg is replaced,for now, with a bolt and rubber hose.I clean all the bird crap off and paint where needed. Exhaust has a big hole so off to mate's for a plate to be welded and Chem Metal for the little holes (does it work?? So far...). I blag a wheelbarrow handle and use that to make middle piece of exhaust,some brackets and an unknown silencer and the neighbours are smilin' !
The Kwack's took me 2 easy days and a coupla evening sessions,working outside (shed rather full...) in warm sunshine.No dramas and fixed at Absolutely No Expense. Now for a test ride.

No comments:

Post a Comment