Tuesday 3 March 2009

Can You Dig It?

Good to be back at base and Dave opts for a beach day,whilst I miss riding me bike.Off to the best beach Agonda, for a banana & cheese (!) sandwich and chai. I notice like last year Agonda has travellers trucks at the end of beach.Can't knock em, turn up set up the awning Goa hoilday for free.Some German,some Brits so these old Mercs etc have come a long way.As I go to leave I see a car stuck in soft sand,I offer help which the 4 Goan kids readily accept.They jack & place stones under wheel, loads of revs,we push it and car moves forward 2ft and digs in.Its 30-33 deg C.After a bit of this my face arms clothes are covered in red sand. I adjourn to a bar for a cola,a beautiful German girl sits and stares,and stares some more.It's not lust it's bemusement.So the Desert Fox returns to work and 2 other guys help, success, handshakes and cheers all round.
I head off and cover every back road I can find, I have a new bike a Pulsar 200 after a few moments off road -mainly due to no rear brake I get used to it.A solid afternoon's biking and it's back to the beach for cocktails and vodka - we head off to Palolem in search of footy but it ain't on.We have trouble getting a rickshaw back as everyone has gone to a Silent Party.You pay for a set of wi-fi headphones and the DJ plays on 3 channels you tune in to. The thought of turning up to see your fellow partygoers gyrating to apparent silence seems bizarre.How do you interact,how do you know you're even dancing to same song?!! Or am I just old?!!

No comments:

Post a Comment