Tuesday 16 March 2010

Thumbs Up!


The target over winter was to get this RM100 ready for the Twinshock practise day at Gale Common,Selby for March 14th.Bike gets took out for a 'shake-down' locally on the Golden Field beforehand.Miraculously,nothing falls off,not even me.I must be too used to the fairly sedate canter of the Ts185, everything suddenly happens at 3/4 revs:a rush of noise,power, rear-end snaking.Did I mention laughing?! So 2 hrs session -all good.
After a night before jet wash,we arrive at the track.It won't start.Gutted,and I can't even watch the rest roar by.In desperation we bung in an old car plug and whaddya know? Ring-a-ding.Off for my first ever session on an MX track and oh my gawd this motocross lark is something else. The enduros I have done are all natural terrain,this is an assault course of ruts,jumps,bouncing and hanging on.Still,it's hairy but not terrifying,well you can't be scared by 100cc I know...By session 2 -I'm still getting blasted by all and sundry but give chase on 1 or 2 slower ones and end up having a ball.Free practise at the end is great fun too.Can't hold the powerband on as I bounce around on what seems like a turbo-charged wailing banshee space hopper, even tho' I know to keep the revs on before a jump. Is it lack of experience,or lack of decent suspension? The thought occurs to me after:perhaps I'd be quicker if I'd started racing at 13 rather than 43 !

No comments:

Post a Comment